I was trying to think of a new way to make roasted eggplant more interesting, glanced over to my spice shelf and saw some wasabi paste.

So...while roasting the eggplant I whipped together a tahina based, wasabi sauce and the result was really tasty. Try it out and let know what you think about this Israeli/Japanese fusion-ish of dish.

Wasabi Roasted Eggplant Salad

Ingredients: (all measurements are approximate)
Medium sized eggplants - 2, roasted
Cilantro - 1/3 cup chopped
Tahina paste (raw) - 1/2 cup
Soy sauce - 1/2 tablespoon
Canola oil - 1/2 tablespoon
Wasabi - 1.5 tablespoons
Pepper - to season

Instructions:
1. Roast the eggplants on a gas burner until skin is charred and the inside is cooked and soft. 3 minutes per side should be enough. Once done, put in a bowl and cover with a towel to keep in steam. Once cook, scrape off charred skin and place the flesh in a mixing bowl.

2. Mix tahina paste, soy sauce, wasabi, oil and pepper until mixed well and smooth. Add to eggplant and fold in well.

3. Add chopped cilantro and serve with bread, pita or on its own. Can be served warm or cold.

Comments

19/07/2012 09:46

It looks good will make it soon and i am sure it will be delicious in taste. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

26/04/2013 10:32

I never thought about food recipes from Middle East country like Israel. I have already started liking your page and it is very much informative and encouraging. Learning something new and trying to prepare on our own is something priceless. Keep updating.

18/09/2013 10:52

The chefs have been doing a lot of eating during their visit, and have been very impressed with Israel's cuisine. Our meal at Darna was impeccable, my personal favorite was the couscous; it was light and fluffy and served with perfectly cooked vegetables.

03/10/2013 12:55

Yummy, it is looking so delicious I will definitely try it out. Please keep on sharing such fusion dishes which add some more flavor in the taste.

17/10/2013 21:58

Good to find the information regarding your new album! Whenever you guys come up with an album you in many hearts which make everyone eagerly wait for your new performance! Keep updating the information with us! All the best for your efforts!

21/10/2013 17:16

I am really happy to be here because is is my first visit. I am stay tuned here for your next blog.